I ended last week on the blog with¬†white tulips. This week, I’m sharing five gorgeous photos of white orchid plants. Orchids are such a great floral option¬†because they bloom and rebloom¬†if you take care of them. I have a couple of orchid plants at home and at work, and they’ve rebloomed numerous times. I water them weekly with a bit of water and keep them in sunny spots.¬†When the last bloom has fallen, I trim the¬†stem back¬†about halfway just above a node. I’ve also cut the stem back all the way so that it’s only a few inches tall. I¬†honestly don’t know which option is best, I don’t pay too much attention to it.
¬†white orchid plants via Southern Living
via JK Kling
via Kelly McGuill
¬†Have a wonderful weekend!
Christmas and New Year’s seem like they were ages ago, don’t they? We’ve then had Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day is in just a few days. It seems as though as soon as one major holiday is over, another one is around the corner. Whether or not you celebrate all of these holidays, I don’t think that the celebrations should be on hold for special holiday days. Enjoying cocktails, dinner parties, or brunch with¬†family and friends is an excellent way to reenergize and toast everyone’s successes!¬†A¬†beautiful table setting – for small and large gatherings – provides a¬†warm¬†welcome¬†for your¬†guests, and is a lovely preview for a delicious meal!
via Style Me Pretty
via Oui Oui Oui Studio
via Style Me Pretty
via A Low Country Wedding
Following my end of January post called Things I Learned This Week, I thought¬†it would be appropriate to end this week by sharing five things I learned this month.
1. February is a month that really just whizzes by in a flash. I never really paid too much attention to this before, but this¬†month was really just a complete blur. I was sick for almost three weeks of it, but other than that, I have barely a recollection of what I did!¬†I hate feeling like this.
via Me and My DIY
2. The Waterloo Public Library¬†in uptown Waterloo is awesome. I love libraries and I think we should continue to show them our support. Right? Who’s with me?
3. I love doing the Saturday Toronto Star crossword when I’m at my parents’ house. I can actually do it (or most of it)! I don’t actually get the newspaper at my own home, but it’s one of the first pages I turn to when I see the Star sitting on my parents’ kitchen table. I liked this one especially since the clue for 67 down was “Ontario city”, and the answer was “Waterloo”. Do you see it in the photo?
4. Showering my cousin’s baby with¬†well wishes on¬†this sweet¬†display made me happy.
5. I had a great time at The Home Depot spring preview event earlier this week. I can’t wait to BBQ and start planting in a few months. The HD has quite a few new BBQs in stock, so I encourage you to check them out if you’re in the market for one. Here I am pretending to water some herbs in a space designed by Tim:
While the month¬†went by in a flash, and it was generally decent (from what I remember), I’m glad it’s coming to an end because I cannot wait¬†to ditch my winter coat and enjoy a warm¬†spring.
I didn’t actually mean to have such a Valentine’s Day-focused week on the blog this week, but¬†my posts just ended up that way. I wonder if this is when I’m supposed to realize that I should be moving towards using an editorial calendar for my blog posts? I’ve resisted¬†using such a calendar because I¬†have always taken¬†more of a let-the-blog-evolve-naturally-my-life-is-already-over-scheduled approach to blogging. Anyway, I digress…this post isn’t actually about how to be a blogger. It’s about how to¬†live with hearts! It is February, after all! So, let’s get to it, shall we?
Living with hearts…do you? will you? could you? I’d love to know if any of these spaces strike your fancy.
Bodie and Fou via French by Design
via Caravan Shoppe
Tutze store in the Netherlands via Jelani√©
via The Design Chaser
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! Enjoy your weekend (it’s a long one for us in Ontario…Happy Family Day, too!).
Ah…the end of another week.¬†I got sick at the end of this week, so I have big – as in major – plans to lay low. I might¬†get hooked on¬†another television series as I’ve got nothing on the go at the moment. In the spirit of a weekend of rest, I’m sharing some YouTube videos that wowed me…in various ways…I’m sure there are some other goodies online that I’ll discover this weekend from the comfort of my bed. Here we go…
This video¬†teaches us how people in northern Sweden say “yes”. See – learning languages can be so easy!¬†(via A Cup of Jo)
Will Ferrell vs. Jimmy Fallon vs. Kevin Hart. I guess everyone’s a¬†fan of Beyonc√©.
Lennon & Maisy performing Boom Clap (you may remember them from Nashville)
I am such a novice when it comes to makeup and beauty stuff, so I am completely¬†impressed by this video about contouring.
My students introduced me to this salmon cannon video a few months ago, and it still makes me laugh. A salmon cannon?! There¬†is such a thing!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!