I almost missed this month’s linkup announcement over at The Well. I must already be in summer mode! This month, Meg and Victoria posed this question for us:
WHAT ARE YOUR SUMMER ESSENTIALS?
After last month’s tough question, I was happy to see this one. This one is easy for me to answer because I absolutely loooooove the summer! I’m pretty sure that it’s because my birthday is in July, there are plenty of warm sunny days, and I have had summer months off from school and work for pretty much all of my life. Summer. Nothing beats it. Wish we had a few more months of it!
Anyhoo, so, on to my summer essentials (apparently I have quite a few). Here. We. Go.
1. Open windows. I love having my windows open and letting the breeze flow through my home.
2. Passport. My passport is always ready to go, but the summer is the most convenient season for me to take a vacation, so I always do. Lucky me!
via Mark & Graham
3. Bathing suit. I do not have an extensive bathing suit collection, but I put every piece to very good use all summer long. I typically wear navy or black suits, but I’m also open to colour.
Gucci bikini, via Neiman Marcus
4. Havaianas. I basically live in them during the summer months. I know I should probably up my footwear game, but these flip flops are perfect for grocery store runs, lounging around the pool in Florida, and hitting up garage sales. I currently have brown, black, and orange in rotation, but I think I should invest in a red or fuchsia pair. Maybe even a white pair. Beyond that, by the time June rolls around, I’m just so tired of wearing socks and closed toe shoes (and boots!). My feet need air!
5. Sangria. Red. White. It doesn’t matter. I just love it. I think this is because when I was in my early 20s, I traveled around Spain for a few weeks with my pen pal (Yes, I have a pen pal. Hi Vanessa!), and I was introduced to this delicious summer bevvie.
via Love Grows Wild
6. Hammock. I won a hammock last summer over at Lindsay’s blog, and I just can’t get enough of it. It’s the ultimate backyard perch.
look at how relaxed I look
7. Ice cream. I love eating ice cream in the summer. When we’re in Florida, my friend Shannon and I stock the freezer with loads of flavours, and
slowly quickly eat our way through everything. It’s glorious. The Magnum mini is my current favourite, but I definitely don’t limit myself to just this type.
8. Panama hat. I picked up my Panama hat in New Orleans a few years ago, and I just love it. It’s way better than my winter toque!
here’s a selfie from New Orleans
9. White shirts, tanks, and tees. I can never have too many of these in my wardrobe! I add new versions to my collection each summer (well, every season, really…I do wear a lot of white).
the Gap remains one of my favourite go-to tee shot
10. Camera. I got a new camera recently, but I have yet to really figure out how it works. I am really looking forward to playing around with it this summer. If anyone has a good DSLR how-to book recommendation, please let me know!
11. Books. Stacks and stacks of reading material for at home and on vacation. I’ve been going to the library every week all winter long, and I’m planning on continuing this habit over the next few months/forever. The Waterloo Public Library is fantastic.
12. Mozzarella. Any cheese. Any time. Right? Mozzarella is on the top of my cheese buying list because it will go so well with the tomatoes and basil that are growing in my garden. Hello caprese salad, I’ve missed you!
via Local Lemons
13. Bicycle. It’s so handy to take my bike around town, and I hope to do it as often as I can this summer. Nothing fancy. Just leisurely rides around town to get my errands done.
via A Beach Cottage
I guess that’s about it for now in terms of summer essentials. What about you? What’s on the top of your essential list?
As per the linkup tradition, I would encourage you to read through the essential items of my fellow bloggers:
26 and Not Counting
Alyssa J Freitas
soak and simmer
The Not Quite Adult
The Yuppie Files
Feathers and Stripes
Sunny Side Up
Rose Colored Water
Fashion to a T
Emilie Lima Burke
Ember & March
with love from ellie
Mint Julep Girl
Love Peace and shimmer
Little Wild Heart
Luv in the Bubble
Perfect Enough For Us
LIFE BY BRI
Dreams and Colour Schemes
Sequins & Strawberries
Pattern Me Pretty
Beauty and the Pitch
White Oak Creative
The Toppy Top
In The Grey
Cooper + Thames
Mrs. on the Move
Read my previous linkups here: January, February, April, May. Thanks to Meg and Victoria for bringing us all together again this month.