September has come and gone so fast! The start of the school year, a new role at work, and the return to in-person events has made for a really hectic month. My routines are non-existent and “what’s normal” is foreign concept.
- Write with my fountain pen. Yes! Mostly. I still love this pen. Bonus – to my surprise, one of my former students sent me another TWSBI fountain pen as a thank you gift, and I love it, too. Each TWSBI is just so beautifully designed. Even if you’re not a fountain pen user, you’d appreciate the design, I’m sure. Now that I have three fountain pens, can I call myself a collector?
- Complete house projects. We didn’t have any projects on the go in September.
- Stay active. Walking. But not as often as I’d like.
- Host people. Oh, yes. People are over at our place a lot. We’ve had coffee chats, dinners, pop-in visits, and kids hangouts. The house is being well-used!
- Travel. Sadly, no. We’ve stayed local throughout the month, visiting different areas in the Waterloo Region. The campaign trail (my beau is running for Mayor) has led us to awesome places.
- Read more. Yes. Audio books have been great on my long commute. I listened to Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen, Beach Read by Emily Henry, and Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. I’ve also restarted Barack Obama’s A Promised Land. It’s making even more sense now that I’m involved in local politics.
- Tame garbage. Reduce waste. Should I give up?
- Floss regularly. Yes. On it! My dentist had nothing but compliments at my September check-up!
- Stop procrastinating. Pretty much. There’s no time to procrastinate right now.
- Have fun! Yes. Mostly I’ve been having fun attending local events and meeting all sorts of people in the Waterloo region!
I now think I need to add things to my goals list before the end of 2022 arrives.
- Do more things for me. I need to be a bit more selfish. I’ve been really busy with work and home life that some of the things that I used to do regularly have been pushed to the side. These include the simplest things like going to the mall and picking out a new mascara.
- Clean out closets. This seems like such a daunting task. My office and clothing closets need a clean out. I hope to tackle these two before the end of the year.
- Blog. I keep renewing domains and telling people about my White Cabana life, but should I continue? The next few months will either push me to blog more or to bid adieu.
- Buy art. I think I might cross this off my list before it’s barely been on. I ordered a Christi Belcourt print as well as a print from a young, local artist Ama Liyanage. Neither are expensive, but both are lovely. I can’t wait to get each piece framed and on walls. Maybe there’ll be another purchase before 2023. Still to be determined!
Wishing all of my Canadian readers a Happy Thanksgiving!
Previous updates: January, February, March, May, June, July, August