It’s the end of the month, which means I get to share an update of my 2022 goals.
- Write with my fountain pen. Yes. I still use it daily. It’s so pretty.
- Complete house projects. Sort of. Our powder room refresh is nearly complete; I’m waiting for the shipment of a delayed towel bar/toilet roll holder. Our kitchen refresh is also on hold while we wait for a delayed sink. Delays have been common since the early days of the pandemic, so I’m not surprised. We have been scheming a refresh of another bathroom, too, so that might happen in April.
- Practice yoga. No. I wonder if I should take this off the list. I think I’ll change this to “stay active.”
- Host people. Yes. We’ve continued with our nearly monthly music night, which brings together a great group of people and fun music. We also hosted dinner with new friends (met via Facebook marketplace if you can believe it…story for another day).
- Travel. No travel in March, but something is in the works for April. Oui, oui!
- Read more. Yes. I’m flying through audio books on account of my commute, which has been great. I listened to The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (read by Tom Hanks), The Vintage Caper, by Peter Mayle, and The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris. All three were good, but I really enjoyed my time with Tom Hanks! I’ve also been reading a lot for work.
- Tame garbage. Reduce waste. Sort of. I’m making slight improvements, I think. It’s hard!
- Floss regularly. Yes. Daily. How have I never added daily flossing into my routine before? It just makes sense. Let’s see what my dentist has to say!
- Walk regularly. Yes. I feel like I’m doing okay with my walking. There’s room for improvement, and I anticipate better weather will motivate me to get outside more.
- Stop procrastinating. Sort of. Some days I just need a break from my computer.
- Have fun! Yes! March was a good month overall. And I hope the positive flavour continues into April, too!
Previous updates: January, February
Always enjoy your updates.