I have spent more time in school than out of school, so please believe me when I tell you that these are some of theÂ most essential back-to-school items. Pretty much any age group would make good use of these items, I’d say.
1. Water bottle. I have aÂ few reusable water bottles that I bring to school/workÂ every day. A lot ofÂ university campuses now have good drinking fountains and water-filling stations, so there’s no excuse not to drink water all day long to stay hydrated.
2. Reusable lunch box/bag. I always pack a lunch becauseÂ I get bored of university cafeterias and the quick grab-and-go meals at Starbucks or elsewhere are too expensive and high in calories.
3. A pencil case.Â I carry my pens and pencils inÂ a small case so that they’re easy to find and won’t make a mess in my purse/tote/backpack.
4. Backpack. Speaking of backpacks, I don’t actually have one yet. I’m still looking for one that is lightweight and comfortable. I’m going to start this school year with my lightweight and washableÂ HBCÂ striped tote.
5. Pens and pencils. Although IÂ love my computer, I take a lot of my notes by hand. Pens and pencils are a must.Â IÂ always have a Sharpie or two nearby as well. Highlighters, on the other hand, I rarely use. Last year, I was given some Palomino pencils and I still make good use of them, They look so darn good!
6. Notebooks. Did you notice the plural? Yes, IÂ stay organized by using a variety of notebooks. EachÂ notebook has a job – work, home renos, school, etc. Most of my notebooks are Jordi LabandaÂ orÂ Moleskine, but I’m open to using basically anything that is cute and has nice paper (they are often black or white, but not always). I prefer lined notebooks, butÂ IÂ think unlined notebooks are great forÂ people who want to really spread out over the pages. My writing is nowhere near neat, soÂ I need the lines to help keep me steady.
7. An apple. Okay, the CB2 apple above is just for decor. But, still. It’s traditional. Eat one. Draw one. Take an Instagram picture of one. Bring one to a teacher.
These are the basic back-to-school necessities. A computer, phone, coffee mug, earplugs, library card, file folders, binders, etc. are additional items that come in handy and help me stay organized andÂ focused.
Who is ready to learn something new this schoolÂ year?
Details of items available at Polyvore.