I know many people might associate vaulted ceilings with breezy, summer homes, but I think they’re beautiful in any environment. The spaces I’m featuring here show how a white, vaulted ceiling brightens and enlarges a room. I just love this design option for both traditional and modern homes.
Jam Kolektyw via Home StratosphereÂ
JS Home Design via Summer Adams
Have a great weekend, everyone!
The combination of white and light wood is inspiring at this time of year. The duo evokes charm, ease, and adventure. This is a perfect pairing for all rooms in the house as you’ll note from the inspirational room designs featured here.
via DIY Decorator
via Sarah Sherman Samuel
via Apartment Therapy
via Amber Interior Design
via Reno Guide
via Entrance Makleri
Tell me, is there a room you’d move into? Recreate in your own home?
It’s Friday! I’m ending the week here on the blog with five inspiring living room spaces and sharing with you what I like and dislike about each space. I welcome your opinions too so feel free to comment below!
1. There are a few great aspects in this first space. The juxtaposition of old and new is attractive to me as is the awesome tufted white couch. I could to without the rug in this space though as I think it should be a touch larger.
Le Case di Elixir via Desire to Inspire
2. In this corner at the Grace Hotel in Santorini, I love the white, white walls and the high curved ceiling. I also like the sculptural light fixture and sweet curved window. I would get rid of the mirror though and maybe add some art in its place.
Grace Hotel Santorini
3. I love almost everything in this third space. The layered art pieces leaning against the paneled wall and the comfortable side chair are very appealing. The substantial stone fireplace is a beautiful feature in the room and the variety of textures in the room draw me right in. I would probably opt for a different sculpture although I can’t say that I completely dislike cupid.
4. In this Douglas Friedman space I love the mix of textures – wood, lacquer, soft fabrics. I also like the clean lines of the high rectangular windows. I do wonder, though, how comfortable the side chair really is.
Douglas Friedman via The Style Files
5. In this last space I think the collection of white trophies, goblets, and vases is incredibly impressive. I love multiples and I am always curious to see what people collect. The layers of shades of white is also attractive to me. I do wonder if there are additional touches of blue throughout this space or if it is restricted to the striped carpet. I am a fan of a comfortable couch so it’s a bit disappointing that there’s no couch in this space (or as far as the photo shows).
via The Painted Hive
Let me know what you think! And have a wonderful weekend! Happy Friday!