Back in January I created five goals for myself and I have since posted two check-ups (first, second). Now it’s time for the third update of my progress.
1. Wear more rings. Lately I’ve been sporting this double ring that my sister sent me. I just love it!
2. Embrace the cold weather. Well, luckily it’s June and I don’t have to deal with this goal for a few more months. I am so happy about this!
3. Host more parties. Hmmm…I’ve sort of failed with this one. In the last few months I have done quite a bit of traveling which has left me little time for party planning. But – I did manage to squeeze in one party last month – a champagne party! Talk about fun!
Addison collection, Pottery Barn
4. Try new recipes. Yes! I made pinwheel cookies (recipe from my vintage Joy of Cooking cookbook). Easy and delicious. I burned a batch but that’s okay. The other batch turned out fine. Here they are ready to go into the oven:
photo by Jordana
I also made Smitten Kitchen’s cheese straws (a big hit!) and What Katie Ate’s delicious tomato and goat cheese canapÃ©s.
5. Learn more about London, Ontario. In the last little while I managed to get out to the East Village Coffeehouse for the first time (thanks Tonya for the introduction). What a lovely little spot. The food is yummy, the coffee is well-prepared and the music is perfect.
coffee with a twist, photo by Jordana
Other restaurants I’ve tried since my last update include Relish in Wortley Village and The Works on King. Both burger places and both delicious.
There are also lots of festivals in London during the summer so I’ve been trying to check them all out. Last weekend was the Car Free Festival, this week & weekend is London Fringe and soon SunFest is coming to town. Bring on the music!
There you have it – the third update of my goals.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend!