Better late than never, right? Phew – how did June get here so fast? And leave so fast, too? Since I missed my May update, I’ll combine the two months into one update post.
How did you do this month with your 2021 goals?
Here’s where I’m at with my goals.
- Eat more vegetables. I know I didn’t get enough veggies in me in May, and I was feeling terrible. I ate too much fast food and take out, and I didn’t make enough time for grocery shopping and cooking. I changed things in June, and I got back on track with lunchtime salads and veggies at dinner.
- Travel. Still on hold.
- Save money. Not quite. I had a major life change in May/June (I moved!), which meant that my expense tracking went out the window! Now that we’re in our new house, I’m back to tracking our expenses.
- Pass on magazines/books/clothes/puzzles. Sort of. I did a major clean-out (on account of the move), so I had plenty of boxes for donation. It felt good to pass things on that are high quality but no longer needed.
- Crochet a blanket. I made some progress at the beginning of May, then put it on hold. For now, I have a great child-sized blanket.
- Reduce social media consumption. This one is still a challenge for me. I scroll Instagram for no reason.
- Renovate my bathroom. This one is now off my list because, you guessed it, I sold my house.
- Play games. Games have moved to the park these last couple of months – frisbee and soccer, mostly. I’m eager to break out the croquet set though!
- Edit my magazine subscriptions. Getting there! I didn’t renew one magazine recently.
- Read more. Yes! I listened to My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite on audiobook, and I really enjoyed it. I read Elena Ferrante’s The Lying Life of Adults, and I thought it was fine. It wasn’t nearly as good as her Neapolitan novels. I also started to listen to Barack Obama’s A Promised Land. He narrates the audiobook, which makes it even that much better! I made it through a few parts before my borrowing time was up at the library. I’ll request it again to continue to listen to it.
- Blog. It was really tough to keep writing in May/June.
- Bike ride regularly. Not quite. I took a pause from biking, for much of May and June, but now that my bike is at my new house, I’m using it regularly.
- Cross stitch. No progress here. I may have to move this to my 2022 goal list.
- Have fun! There have been some very stressful days these last couple of months, and it was tough to find time for fun. Move-in weekend, however, ended up being quite fun because friends came to help!
Previous updates: January, February, March, April
Jordana, I got off IG in Jan and haven’t got back on. You are one of the people I miss! But that first step was awful, I must have clicked the app 30 times a day that first weekend. But I haven’t felt like getting back on yet and it’s so amazing to take a picture and not worry about having to post it. Maybe someday I will return?! Hope you are well x love the update