I mentioned the NYT Plum Torte a couple of weeks ago, and since then, I’ve made it several times. The Italian plums were plentiful at St. Jacobs Farmers Market this past weekend, so it only made sense to keep baking the torte! It’s an easy and winning recipe!
What have you been doing/watching/reading/visiting/making this fall? Please share! I’m always looking for new things to try.
Here is a glimpse into some of what I’ve been up to lately.
- Recently watched: Call My Agent (French, set in Paris), The Great British Baking Show (who can resist Paul Hollywood?), Sex and The City (started from the pilot episode, makes me want to to to New York), Kid90 (Soleil Moon Frye’s documentary), Mixte (French), Maid (based on the autobiography), this short video by Sadeck Waff for the Paris 2024 Olympics (watch more of his work – it’s mesmerizing!) – and I’d recommend all of them!
- Recently read: The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, The Anti-Racist Writing Workshop by Felicia Rose Chavez, The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi – I’d recommend all of these books!
- Recently played: The John Derion Painter’s Palette puzzle, Globe & Mail Saturday crossword (one of my favourite things to do over the weekend)
- Recently visited: The Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain (I’m already eager to return. My nearly-back-to-normal sprained ankle, back, and skin felt so good.
- Recently purchased: an incredible antique Italian armoire (absolutely stunning – my office design dream is slowly coming true)
- Recently made: NYT plum torte (so good that I made it twice in two weeks!), slow roasted chicken and garlic (a hit for a crowd), Ina Garten’s roasted shrimp and orzo (eaten warm rather than room temp)