I’m in New York City this weekend after a very crazy and emotional week. I’m happy to be spending time with my sister, brother-in-law and my sweet little nephews. I’m also going to be reunited with one of my running buddies and we’ll be running the NYC half on Sunday. My winter-training plan has been less than perfect so I imagine I’ll be taking a lot of walking breaks.
Here are five things that I brought along this weekend.
1. Sub-zero running tights from Running Skirts.
2. Antiperspirant – thanks Degree! It will definitely be put to the test at the half-marathon.
3. LeSportsac weekender bag – great for packing extra things (i.e., new purchases!).
black LeSportsac weekender
4. My new polka dot scarf. I always bring a scarf like this on trips – especially for the flight.
5. My Canon PowerShot SD1000. It’s small but mighty. I don’t ever leave the house without it!
As I’ve been travelling for the last two weeks, I thought I would devote today’s Friday Five to lovely white travel items.
1. First on the list is a beautiful travel journal. Jot down addresses of those special restaurants and sketch your beautiful surroundings in one of these lovely little books.
Â 2. Next up is a softÂ sleep mask. For the flight, for the hotel…I never travel without one!
Lambie Sleep Mask, $10, My Bath House
Â 3. Third on the list is aÂ go-with-everything watch.
I.D.E.A. Hexagon Watch by &Design, $70, at Unica Home
4. A camera. Of course!
Canon Camera, $199
5. A fifth fabulous travel item is a beautiful wallet to carry all your cards, currency and id.
Lincoln Road Neda Wallet, $195, Kate Spade
What are your must-haves?
Images courtesy of Lonny Magazine, Marie Claire, My Bath House, Next Tag, Unica Home, Zappos.